We are currently looking for an experienced pastry chef de partie to join a young, talented and energetic crew. Someone focused and passionate with a positive and enthusiastic approach.
This is a rare and coveted opportunity to join our production kitchen, producing incredible works of art to be retailed in Bibelot and Chez Dré.
Bibelot is a luxurious patisserie, retail store and high tea salon in the heart of South Melbourne, a store dedicated to all things sweet and delectable located next door to Chez Dré, a boulangerie and vibrant café offering various sweet options.
Applicants must present the following attributes:
- basic knowledge of French style pastry
- ability to produce various types of French inspired petits gâteaux
- ability to hand pipe efficiently and consistently
- ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- previous experience in a production kitchen
- professional, motivated attitude
- meticulous presentation
- advanced technical skills
- excellent communication skills
- industry passionate and a professional and motivated attitude
All serious applicants must be graduates with a minimum 2 years experience; you must have previous experience in a similar production environment and be able to produce previous employment references.
This is an exciting time to join the business as we enter our next growth phase. Your love of a challenge will be well served. In addition, we pride ourselves on having a culture that is supportive, fun and enjoyable to work within.
Weekend and public holiday availability is essential. Please note that this position is open to residents of Australia only – candidates with working holiday visas, unfortunately, will not be considered.
Please email your cover letter and cv to email@example.com