Chez Dre has built a reputation on it’s unique petits gâteaux and French inspired
pastries and we are now seeking a Head Chocolatier to help transition Chez Dré into our next growth phase.
As Head Chocolatier you will provide culinary expertise, design and development of concepts and chocolate product prototypes. You will work in close cooperation with the Executive Pastry Chef.
- At least 5 years culinary experience with 3+ years in a chocolate/pastry environment
- Culinary/pastry/chocolate qualifications
- Knowledge of artisanal techniques and knowledge of chocolate manufacturing equipment
Applicants must present the following attributes:
- A refined palate to taste and select ingredients as well as the ability to create new flavors
- Curious and Creative: Ability to understand trends, to think outside the box for design and development of concepts and prototypes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret consumer needs and translate them into productability to work in a
- Fast paced, high volume environment
- Professional, motivated attitude
- Meticulous presentation
- An industry passionate team player, eager to learn and pro-active with a flexible attitude.
This is an exciting time to join the business as we enter our next growth phase. Your love of a challenge will be well served. In addition, we pride ourselves on having a culture that is supportive, fun and enjoyable to work in.
Weekend and public holiday availability is essential. Please note that this position is open to residents of Australia only – candidates with working holiday visas, unfortunately, will not be considered.
Please email your cover letter and cv to email@example.com